Saturday, October 23, 2010

What are the pros and cons of getting your tonsils removed?

What are the pros and cons of getting your tonsils removed?
The cons are related to the actuall surgery. Complications during surgery include puncturing the corotid artery which is only something like 1 cm from your tonsils at a few spots - I have hear of this happening a few times but it is still a singular event. Another complication is of course from the anesthesia - but still a small risk. The indications for tonsilectomy include tonsilitis 3 times or more contained by a year, peritonsilar abscesses not responsive to drainage and medication, and upper airway obstruction (like contained by little kids) to name a few. The short answer is, if they're not bothering you, don't appropriate them out - complications are many, although occasional.
Well I have have my tonsils removed a while back, and I haven't have any problems at all. If you don't removed them, they will verbs to give you problems. since I had mine removed, I kept coughing up profusely of blood. You will come out better just getting them removed. Hope this help. Good Luck.
I had my tonsils removed when I be 12 (21 now) and I had no problems. I have to get mine removed because I kept getting infections and my throat be actually bleeding.
suitable luck

No comments:

Post a Comment